GUYS THIS IS BIG. Today I had my last class of Honors Geometry EVER. I don't think it is fathomable how good it felt being able to walk out of that class room for the last time (Okay, I have to go back for finals tomorrow, but shoosh. I'm talking here). As I exited the room I had to resist the temptation to fling my books at the ground in triumph and prod my middle finger classroomward. It was hard, but I managed to walk out of there with at least a shred of dignity left in my pocket. I also had a few choice words in mind for my teacher, and I had my fingers poised to flip him the bird, but I wasn't really interested in spending my last Geometry class in the Dean's office. Rather, I spent it with Peyton and Lia, and we managed to enjoy ourselves quite a bit (I usually have a good time with them, but it was enhanced today by the lack of Geometry-ish-ness).
All we did in class today was sit and work on our review packets for the final. Since I had called Peyton last night and had her help me finish mine, I had nothing to do. As a matter of fact, I was even a little bit sour at the beginning of class, with the promise of a terribly hard final in my future. But Peyton managed to turn my frown upside down with a kickin' Sollux impersonation (Do people still say "kickin'"? I sure do). I could not stop laughing for the duration of the class period. Despite being reprimanded by my teacher for not working, I triumphantly showed him my completed review packet, and I am unsure whether he was surprised I actually did it or not. Don't get me wrong, I always did my homework, but my motivation to finish that packet was at about 0% all of last week. I believe I had made myself clear in that aspect.
All we did in class today was sit and work on our review packets for the final. Since I had called Peyton last night and had her help me finish mine, I had nothing to do. As a matter of fact, I was even a little bit sour at the beginning of class, with the promise of a terribly hard final in my future. But Peyton managed to turn my frown upside down with a kickin' Sollux impersonation (Do people still say "kickin'"? I sure do). I could not stop laughing for the duration of the class period. Despite being reprimanded by my teacher for not working, I triumphantly showed him my completed review packet, and I am unsure whether he was surprised I actually did it or not. Don't get me wrong, I always did my homework, but my motivation to finish that packet was at about 0% all of last week. I believe I had made myself clear in that aspect.
Here is an easy-to-follow graph I constructed to help illustrate my point. Click the image to enlarge it.
Basically, I am done with Geometry, and it is one of the best feelings in my ENTIRE LIFE. All I want to do right now is to go to the edge of a cliff that looks out on to a great expanse and shout:
BORN FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
That is how I feel right now: I am born free. After completing Honors Geometry I have been reborn into a new and humbled individual, who now knows how pointless the entire subject is in its entirety. I don't even want to think about taking Advanced Algebra next year. For now just let me sit in the sweet, sweet after birth.
Edit 6/24/12: Why did I link Sollux's name to his wiki page. I literally have no memory of what my intention was with that one.

I'm WiTh YoU aLl tHe MoThErClUcKiN wAy, BrO. So ClUcKiN hApPy To Be OuT oF tHaT cLaSsRoOm WhErE tHeY lImIt ThE aMoUnT oF hOnKiNg AnD fAyGo DrInKiNg ThAt CaN oCcUr. I mEaN, yOu CaN nEvEr HoNk A hOrN tOo MuCh, RiGhT? ;oD
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly, Gambro. Honestly, Geometry would be millions of times better if the amount of honking and Faygo consumption increased. Honestly, we could teach those teachers a thing or two..
DeleteOkay that chart relayed my feelings exactly.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY
-Matttttttt
I'm so glad that you felt the same way I did in regard to my line graph!
Delete~Hannahhhhhhh