Today I took that math test I refused to study for last night. The teacher was gone today and we had a sub, so it's not in the grade book yet, but mark my words, I failed that little mofo.
The class I had after math was English large group. English large group is quite possibly one of the most pointless classes I have ever taken. What happens is me and about 150 other kids in English all have to go to my school's auditorium and act like we care about what we're learning. Don't get me wrong, I really like English class in general. But when you sit me in a room with over a hundred other kids who are bored and try to make me take notes, nothing good will come of it.
Today as I sat in my seat, still fuming about the test I'd just taken, an idea hit me. I flipped over my notes packet, and I started to construct a poem about math, and why it sucks and needs to go die but first be burned alive and impaled by a splintery rod. My friend Leah has been wanting me to write a poem about how much I hate math for awhile now, and today my muse was finally ready to comply. Unfortunately the poem actually really sucks and I only have two stanzas done, but I sort of wanted to post it anyway. So, without further ado...
I hate math.
It's not hard to admit.
Everyday I go to class,
it makes my stomach sick.
Oceans of equations
get jumbled up in my mind.
When will I ever need to use this?
It's simply a waste of time.
I can't decide if I'm going to finish it or not. Any feedback/suggestions? I'm sorry to any of my readers who actually like math, but I thought it'd been established by this point that I have extremely violent feelings toward the subject. I really hope that my teacher grades my test tonight. Wouldn't it be something if I checked my grade and I got an A?! Yeah, that would be something, but I highly doubt it'll happen. I also just realized as I read over this post that I bash not only math in this post, but English class too. Geez, I really need to get my act together.
Wait! While I'm complaining about school, here's another class I can gripe about: Foods. I'm sorry if you're expecting another steamy story of me and my star-crossed suitor (who, for the record, is no longer my star-crossed suitor). But, what actually happened today was that me and my group members (All of whom are named Hannah. But that's a whole different story), had to make microwavable lasagna. Just think about that and I believe you can formulate your own opinion on how that product turned out. After we were done eating, I was washing some of our dishes in the sink. Everything was going fine until I tried to rinse off a pan and a bucket load of water splashed all over my jeans and feet. I pretended not to care, and then not a moment later I turned around and hit my head on a cabinet. I chuckled along with my group members, poking fun at my own clumsiness, but I was still pretty embarrassed. I managed to not do anything stupid for about a minute and a half, until I was walking to grab a paper towel and I slipped on some of the water that splashed out of the sink when I got wet. I was so off balance I had to grab onto the counter for support, and banged my left knee on a cupboard. By the time class had ended, I was a damp, battered, and bruised mess of a girl. Luckily I'm home now and I'm in a fresh pair of jeans.
God, today was really something else. I hope you all had wonderful days, my lovely blog readers! Catch ya on the flip side, when I will hopefully have news about my math test (*gulp*).
:)
LOL I love this post. And I am sorry that you loathe math with such a passion, but then again, SO DO I.
ReplyDeleteI love your post.But I can't understand why you hate math.It's such a interesting subject.If you have any problem in it then you can understand it with help of online tutoring.
ReplyDeleteOnline tutoring is very helpful in solving the math problems and to understand the higher section topics.It can be very helpful for beginners because it provide practice and guidance for them.So that they will not face any kind of problem in future regarding further studies.