I really need to stop watching television. Even though I rarely use the 'poor reality television show choices' post tag, I'm going to have to pull it out again today.
For the past four or so years, each Sunday night starting in May, my mother and I tune into the 'Next Food Network Star' competition. In years past it has proven to be a nice distraction from homework, and in the middle of summer it gives me something to do when thunderstorms keep me inside. The problem is that this year, they've changed the rules. Before there were 15 or so contestants, and three judges, and each week there was a challenge, one would get axed, etc.
Now, though, there's teams. Each team has five members (one is a group of four now after the elimination last night). There is a team leader for each team who acts as a mentor of sorts to the contestants. After the challenge each week, the judges (there's only two now) choose a winning team, and all of those people are immune for that week. From the two remaining teams the judges choose the weakest member on each, and they have a cook off. From there the judges choose a winner, and who is sent home. Even though I've only seen one episode, I'm guessing that's how it'll be each week. Don't get me wrong, here, I don't mind change that much, it's just that I really liked the way the show was set up before.
Another thing that really bothers me, no matter what television show I watch, is that before I really get to know the contestants, whenever one of them makes a mistake, it's unbearable for me. It's just so...awkward. Last night I literally had to leave the room when one of the guys forgot to pick up one of the ingredients he needed at the grocery store. It's also really awkward for me when I'm trying to watch them compete in front of the camera when they have their video challenges. I swear to god I almost had an aneurysm last night from how stressed out I got trying to watch that show.
Also, I have a theory that Bobby Flay's team is going to win. Just hear me out: One of the remaining judges is Susie Fogelson, and from her behavior last season, I have every reason to believe that she is going to favor Team Bobby. Just go look back at every episode from the last season of "Next Food Network Star" and tell me she isn't flirting with him, her fellow judge, the whole entire time. She got a choice seat next to Mr.Flay at the judges table, and you could totally see she was enjoying it. Just look at her in this picture:
Honey, he's not even looking at you.

No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.