19 May 2012

More ukulele and also some emotions

Yesterday I went through a lot of friendship drama. Me and one of my best friends got into a pretty nasty fight, and it was a terrible experience, all in all. In the midst of the tirade, I wrote a song about being an angsty teenager with friendship issues. Despite the fact that these issues have been resolved, I still want to post this song. I think that my voice sounds really flat/sharp/whatever in this song, but no matter!! Also, I switch strumming patterns approximately three times, and I don't know if it makes the song sound better or if it just sounds terrible. My guess is it's a flavorful mix of the two.

I don't know if I like this song or if I hate it. 

My little bit of talking at the beginning isn't referring to my friendship working out better next time. It was because I had gone through about 6 separate attempts at recording the song, and I was pep-talking myself because I guess that's what I like to do.

Here, if that made you feel weird inside, just listen to this little tune I am posting specifically for the purpose of bringing back any feels that could potentially have been destroyed by my poor song writing/warbly singing voice. 



I made up this tune when I first got my uke, and I've been desperately been wanting to use it in a song ever since :P

Peace out for tonight, homies. 




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this song. I definitely think that it's a good thing you posted it. :) Thank you for sharing. Again, I'm so sorry that we had that really bad fight. You mean so much to me, and if I ever lost you, my life would be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you like it! I was really hesitant to post it. As a matter of fact, I had posted it then I deleted it at first :P I was too afraid of the reactions of everyone.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.