20 May 2012

School Is Weird

Yesterday at school was bizarre. Around fifth period I was in Biology, and we had a substitute. This wasn't really what made it odd, because my teacher is a track coach and is often gone because of track meets. We ended up working on a lab, and the sub didn't really strike me as unordinary in any way. He was a little on the tall side, curly brown hair, beard stubble, glasses, etc. Right after the bell rang to end class, he went and stood by the door of the classroom, waiting for the next class of students to arrive. As I exited the classroom, I considered telling him to have a nice day, just to prove that I can be a nice person like that. Right as I was about to say something, the substitute violently broke wind. I kid you not, this was the type of fart that rumbled through the air. I whipped around and looked at him, surprised, and he was looking around to see if anyone noticed. I quickly turned around and dashed off to Economics, a little bit confused, and also giggling uncontrollably.

Once I arrived to Economics, I realized that I had to give a presentation, which I was completely and utterly unprepared for. Not only was my computer dead, but the keynote presentation my partners and I half heartedly whipped together was C+ quality at best*. My friend and fellow group member Josalyn lent me her charger, and by the time class started my battery was charged to 11%. My teacher, being the malicious tyrant he is, decided to make my group present first. I took a deep breath and strutted up to the front of the classroom, hissing instructions to my partners about which slides I wanted them to read. Then we started, and we tried our hardest to give a riveting presentation about famous economist Sir William Arthur Lewis. Once we clicked past the last slide, I thought we were done and could return to our seats, but my teacher had other plans. He kept us standing up there, and asked us multiple questions about our economist, none of which we had the answers for. Despite being able to think on my feet in situations like this, I was at a complete loss. What made it even worse was my teacher was sitting in a student desk and munching on a Little Debbie cookie treat, and he looked so ridiculous I couldn't focus because it took all I had to keep from laughing. Luckily for me, my computer flashed it's "running on reserve battery power" pop up message, and my teacher said we could go back to our seats. Saved by the bell, was my initial reaction to this, until I realized it wasn't really a bell.

This was all really distressing yesterday, and I am so grateful that there are only 8 days of school left. I can't wait till summer.

P.S.- McCormick with corn rows.

*Edit 6/24/12: Guys I just thought I would let you know we ended up getting an A on that project. I have absolutely no idea how because I literally bullshitted my way through that entire presentation.

6 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOL this made me laugh multiple times
    i enjoy your days :)


    -matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I made you laugh :) I think y'all enjoy my days more than I do xD Like, looking back this was all pretty comical, but at the time I was flipping shit ;D

      Delete
  2. Oh god, I remember laughing about that in Economics before completely failing that presentation. I could just see Mr. Lee sitting at his desk, snickering as he ate his high calorie, low nutrient snacks. You know what's worse? Mr. Lee sitting at his desk and eating his snacks while wearing corn rows. THAT, my friend, is truly horrifying.

    HoNk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...oh god. I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying that would be.

      Delete
  3. Corn rows.

    L-O-L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Corn rows.

      Did you know if you rearrange the letters in 'corn rows' you can spell the words "Now, Orcs!"

      Enlightening, really.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.