24 May 2012

Let's See How Far We've Come

I was looking at my blog archive today, and it sort of shocked me:


Since September of 2011, I have definitely made a big stride in how often I update my blog. Even this year in 2012, I've increased my post count each month since January. Part of me is proud of myself for being able to have so much to say, but another voice in my head starts to worry. Are my posts losing quality? Are the things I wrote way back when more interesting because I spent a few days coming up with them? 

One notable thing is that once I started reading Homestuck (March 2012), my post count started jumping considerably. While I realize I do post quite a bit about Homestuck, it can't possibly the only reason for my increase in posting. One reason I am sure of is that I love blogging, and it's very relaxing for me to type up things to post on here. But the fear is still there.

So, long time blog readers, what say you? Do you prefer my old posts, or my newer ones? I would post a poll asking, but my current poll still has about 8 days left until the timeout, and deleting that poll until it expires is just something I am not okay with (I have a staunch policy of keeping polls up until their time runs out). Instead, leave a comment, if you'd please. Honestly, I would love to hear what you all have to say. 

P.S.-I'm so sorry for the Matchbox 20 reference in the post title. Really, I couldn't help myself, they were my favorite band in fifth grade. Reliving my old musical tastes is still a sore topic with me at times, and I'm just trying to have closure, okay?

2 comments:

  1. I am really happy that you post so much more! During the early days, I would wait for DAYS before you posted again, much like Homestuck updates. And, just as with Homestuck updates, the suspense KILLED me!

    I feel like your newer posts have fewer long, detailed stories in them. However, you post so often that it makes up for that! Really, your blog is quite wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for your input Jos!! :) It's really appreciated. I also have noticed that I don't post such long stories anymore. I would really like to get into that more again, because it can be fun writing those. I think that could be a goal of mine: one longer post per week.

      Hm... we'll have to see about that, I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself xD

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.