18 May 2012

JOSALYN IS MY FRIEND AND SHE THROWS GOOD PARTIES

This post is way overdue, but there have been considerable road blocks stopping me from writing about Josalyn's birthday party. They include, but are not limited to: me asking for pictures of the party and no one giving them to me, me waiting for people to give me pictures, and my forgetfulness.

Roadblocks aside, I'm going to write about it now. Let's get one thing straight first: Any party Josalyn throws is guaranteed to be a smash. She is one cool cat, and I love chilling with her. In honor of her 15th birthday a couple of weeks ago, Josalyn rounded up me and a bunch of our other friends, and we partied hard.

The party started around one o clock in the afternoon. When I arrived Josalyn and my other friend Matt were blowing up balloons (Matt, since I mentioned your name you can have a post tag now). Josh, another friend, was fiddling with the radio trying to find the most obnoxious radio station to tune it to. He decided upon the Opera station. I was hoping for cool jazz. Anyhow, more of our friends started showing up, and once all the balloons were blown up, the party began.

For approximately an hour we hung out in Josalyn's living room, chatting, eating the snacks provided, and throwing balloons at each other. The balloon battle was fierce, and many balloons were popped in the process. I feel like it's not really a party unless there's been a latex sacrifice. After we killed off most of the balloons, we went out to Josalyn's backyard and whacked the piñata. You read that right: WHACKED THE  PIÑATA. Did I mention I don't really think it's a party unless there's a piñata?

The piñata was huge, and I am guessing it was pretty authentic, because it was heavy and made out of like 12 layers of newspaper. It was a giant green bull, and it wouldn't break apart for nothing. Part of the problem may have been that we were using a whiffle bat, and that the bat bent after being hit against the piñata too much. We eventually had to switch to a baseball bat. The baseball bat is what did it in, in the end, after much persuasion (persuasion, in this case, is the piñata being whacked repeatedly on the neck). After the piñata finally broke, we reaped the spoils by all jumping onto the candy as fast as possible. I took all the BlowPops.

I had someone take a picture of me with the piñata carcass that I wanted to post, but alas, I do not know what happened to this picture. After the piñata fiasco, we went back inside and Josalyn opened her gifts, and it was all good fun, really. Unfortunately, three o clock came too soon, and I had to leave. I bought some time though by not flagging my mom down when she was driving, lost, through the neighborhood.

Josalyn, I am so sorry it took me so long to write this post. You're such a great friend and I'm sorry if you felt like I was putting you off, which I promise I was not trying to do intentionally. I hope you liked this summary of your birthday party <> <>

4 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you liked the party! I thought it was really great, too! Others should be jealous of the great times that we had there, the craziness that ensued once the clock struck one o' clock. Yesssss...

    HoNk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have no post tag. Also Hannah, "latex sacrifice" sounds like a euphemism.

    "You wanna go up to my room? It's not a party 'till you sacrifice some latex!"

    (Hey, at least they're using condoms).

    -Lia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you still don't have a post tag. One day, Lia. One day you will have one...

      Also, I guess I can see where you're coming from with the whole latex sacrifice thing.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.