02 April 2012

My Blueberry Hands

Today I helped out my friend Leah...


This is her. Look at that cute face. 

Anyway, her parents are opening a dollar store, and they were in need of some help. Her mom asked Leah and I to paint cardboard letters purple so they could be hung on the walls and say things like "Jewelry" and "Pet Care". What I want to know is how such a simple task could go so horribly wrong. 

The type of paint we used was acrylic, which most of you probably know stains clothes. What I discovered today is that it can also stain your body. Since I most unfortunately lack the fine motor skills it takes to use a paint brush and not get paint all over me, the staining of my hands was inevitable. The more concerning aspect is how it ended up all over my legs. As far as my hands go, it looks like I spent the better half of my afternoon picking blueberries in good old Farmer Brown's blueberry patch. My fingers were stained an exquisite purpley-blue that is apparently unique to only blueberries and purple acrylic paint. No matter how much I scrubbed, the stains would not come off. Upon further inspection it looked like I had slammed both of my hands in a door, and sustained some major bruises. 

My legs are another story. The paint that managed to find it's way onto my legs looks like scrapes. Seriously guys, if I went out in public I'm sure about half the people I saw would approach me and ask if I needed medical attention. Really, though, I'll let you all be the judge of my situation. Just... here. Here are the pictures. 

Palms of my hands had it the worst, I think. 

My nails. Oh God, the paint will probably become part of my nails soon enough. 


I was hesitant to post a picture of my leg on here. I think that the paint that looks like claw scrapes on my thigh are worth noting. 

Photos curtesy of Leah and her camera. I hope this paint comes off soon. I want to be able to wear shorts. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your socks in the picture of your hands, the white ones with the stars on them. I quite enjoy your zesty choirs in footwear (socks+shoes).

    ReplyDelete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.