In light of this whole canceling the Wordsmith Challenge, I've realized something: I don't do well with challenges. At all. As I thought it over last night, I realized that there have been multiple instances in my life where I was presented with a challenge, intrapersonal or otherwise, and I failed miserably.
Instance number one: sixth grade student council elections. I had been a StuCo officer the previous two years, and I wanted to round off with my last year of elementary school as a member of the Council. I figured I had it in the bag since the other students knew I had a history being on Student Council, and that I had helped plan some fun events. What I didn't think of was that sixth graders are mean, vicious animals that don't care about your track record. That year two "popular" girls had run, and I didn't stand a chance in that biased popularity contest. At my elementary school they would always announce the names of the elected right before school would end the day of the election. I remember being shocked that my name wasn't announced, and without even congratulating the elected, I fled from the school, tears streaking my face. My brother thought that he heard my name on the announcements and he tried to congratulate me, and I yelled at him, thinking he was trying to mock me. Of course, that trauma wasn't anything that a pint of chocolate ice cream and a Sister, Sister marathon couldn't remedy. But from that point I learned that when I am challenged, it doesn't end well.
Another instance of challenge has been ongoing ever since I was a small child. When I was little, I didn't like having to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I would challenge myself to see how long I could hold it in. One memorable night in kindergarten I had to use the bathroom really badly as I got into bed at night, but, being the cocky little twerp I was, I reckoned that I could just hold it all night. I couldn't. Despite this, over the years I still "challenge" myself in the bathroom department. Recently I tried to challenge myself and I ended up almost peeing my pants in Personal Finance after drinking an entire bottle of water an hour before. I don't even realize I'm challenging myself most of the time because I'm so determined to set a new personal record I am unaware of what I'm making myself go through.
In relation to my blog there was the 21 Day challenge, which I failed miserably at because I complain too much and I always forgot to switch my bracelet around. I don't really want to elaborate much on that one, because that wound is still fresh.
And finally, most recently of all, the failed Wordsmith Challenge. Soon enough that will just be an uncomfortable memory. I hope, anyway. Happy Friday, everybody! I'm going to go off and spend the rest of my day on the internet, now. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.