11 April 2012

Life Keeps Happening

I was sifting through my drafts and I found this gem. I don't think I ever posted a finished version of it, so here it is, in all of its glory. Remember my Tic-Tac dilemma I had a couple of months ago? Apparently I wrote this and never published it...? Anyway, enjoy, if you will.




I was thinking today about how at some point in time, I may run out of sassy/interesting things to say on my blog. I also worried that I would run out of entertaining stories to tell about my past shenanigans. But then I realized, that my life won't stop, and that I'll constantly be experiencing new and exciting things.


For instance, just the other day, I found some Tic Tacs in my room as I was getting ready to leave home. I stuck them in my bag and headed out the door, excited about life. I popped four Tic Tacs in my mouth, and let the minty sensation take over. And then, I had four more tic tacs, and then five more, and then a couple more, and finally, I'd had fifteen Tic Tacs in under one hour. And my stomach hurt. Bad.


I'm not entirely sure if the Tic Tacs were to blame for my intestinal distress, but as a lesson, never eat more than your fair share of Tic Tacs in under an hour.

Another case of interesting occurrences happened when I ate a pickle for breakfast. This was a delicious pickle that had been soaking in a flavorful brine, and it was calling to me when I woke up at 9 am on Saturday. Even though I knew it wouldn't agree with me that early in the morning, I ate it anyway, and was enjoying every savory minute of it. 

My glorious pickle. It was tasty.

In the end, I did end up with a nasty stomach ache, and learned that I should never eat a single pickle for breakfast, and nothing else. 

Ahh, the memories. I'm still not really able to fully enjoy Tic-Tacs or pickles anymore. The wounds haven't healed... not yet. I'm also not quite sure what possessed me use the words 'flavorful brine' to describe my pickle. God, I was weird. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I remember you telling me about this! The tic-tac story makes me laugh every time! :D

    HoNk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like the story :D It usually is a point of embarrassment for me, but I'm generally able to laugh it off. Broadcasting it online helps me deal with it XD

      Delete
  2. That pickle looks and sounds...interesting. I was confused when I saw the picture cause I thought it was a giant green turd... :S The flavorful brine sounds fantastic though...

    ReplyDelete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.