30 March 2012

TURN IT DOWN!

A few mornings ago my school had a late start because some of the students had to take a standardized test. I was not one of those students, but I had to arrive at school about three hours prior to the late start that was going to take place. My friend and I had to sit in the cafeteria by ourselves for quite some time, trying to figure out ways to occupy our excess amount of freedom.

Sometime around the middle of the morning, some more kids started showing up. A table that was next to mine had a bunch of boys sitting at it. All I can assume is that these boys think extremely highly of themselves, and that is why their music was turned up so loud. I'm certain they wanted to maintain their "too cool to care" attitude. Of course, blasting your music in a public place is one way to ensure that everyone thinks you're a jerk, in my opinion.

I contemplated ways to make them turn it down. Figuring that upfront confrontation would just make them get angry at me and turn their music up louder, I went with a more unorthodox approach. I started dancing in my seat, popping and locking and such. They didn't notice. A girl at another table noticed, though. She whipped her head around, glared at me, and said, "Uh, could you please turn that down?" in an extremely condescending tone. I was left speechless. I couldn't understand why she got mad at me since I wasn't the one playing the music! Apparently if you dance people will assume you're the one playing the music. AND YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED. I repeat: YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED.

So, friends, next time kids blast music, don't dance. Please.

Epilogue: the kids eventually turned off their music. I felt indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.