09 March 2012

Not Today...

I decided I wasn't going to post about the whole 21 day challenge thing today because writing multiple posts about it is becoming troublesome, and I want to post about other stuff. Also, I forgot to wear my complaining bracelet today.

So, thanks to my friend Liz, who graciously gave me blog suggestions, I have decided what I would post about today.

School.

Ah, yes, I have made brief mentions of this magical and sometimes quite awkward environment which I must force myself to attend each day. But now I have decided I would delve deeper into my daily experiences there.

I'll start with today. My day had been going swimmingly until about an hour before school let out. See, I carry a reusable water bottle around school with me because I am so caring for the environment like that. Unfortunately, I managed to leave my water bottle in my Geometry class room and continue onto my last class of the day, Child Development.

Once I arrived in Child Development I promptly realized that something was not right. It took me a minute to realize that I did not have my water bottle. I asked my friends if they had seen it, but no one knew where it was. I asked my teacher to let me leave the classroom so I could do some sleuthing, and she agreed (which I find surprising, because I ask to leave her classroom all the time to do various things within the school, but she never really seems to care...)

After beginning my quest to find the missing water bottle, I had to do some back tracking. Of course I did not know at the time that I had left the water bottle in my Geometry classroom, so I wandered aimlessly for sometime trying to think of where it could be, until I ran into some of my friends. After a quick chat informing them of my plight, I figured it was about time I return to Child Development.

With a broken spirit and still water bottle-less, things were not looking up. Eventually the final bell chimed and school was let out. I decided to go back and search more for my water bottle. At this point in time, you may be wondering why I wanted my water bottle back so badly, and that is because it is my only good water bottle that is the correct size for me, and I was not going to let it get away that easily (Didn't you just love that run on sentence?)

Eventually, after some more fruitless searches in other classrooms, I walked up the stairs to my Geometry room. It was locked. I proceeded to loose control and ape out, until I realized that there might be a teacher around who could unlock the door for me. I asked the nearest teacher I found if I could gain access into the classroom.

"Sure," she said, "just lock the door after you."

I gratefully took the keys from her hand and walked to the door that was approximately 3 feet from her desk. I awkwardly fumbled with the keys for a moment, and then spent the next 30 seconds trying to unlock the door. Why it took me that long, I'm not sure. But in the end, like a shining beacon in the night, I saw my water bottle sitting on the floor. I did an internal happy dance, picked it up, and walked out the door, locking it behind me and returning the keys to the teacher. I proceeded to strut out of the school, thinking to myself,

"Man, when did you become so awesome?"

And that's the end of that. I hope I didn't bore you all to tears with this story of my daily life. More to come soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your water bottle!

    I just re-use a plastic water bottle. Which is actually not very good for you... However, I lose things really easily, and I wouldn't want to lose a special re-usable water bottle...

    HoNk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, re-using plastic water bottles isn't healthy. The chemicals in the plastic start coming off, and then your poisoned.

      You could tie your re-usable to your backpack.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.