Last night I went to dinner at Olive Garden with some friends. I was seated at my table by a waiter named K.C. He was a nice enough man, who had quite a lot of facial hair. I'm talking about a goatee-mustache-sideburns combo here, people. He took my order, walked away, and when he returned his facial hair was different. I am not kidding you. The sideburns were seriously NOT THERE. This happened each time he left and returned. There seemed to be some subtle difference in his facial hair. At first I rationalized that it was just the changing light in the restaurant, since it was growing darker outside. But after a few trips I realized that his facial hair WAS INDEED CHANGING.
My friend and I tried to convince her family of this fact, but none of them seemed to notice a difference. At this point we were so flustered that we theorized that there must be more than one waiter serving us.
"Yeah, of course there's two waiters! Man, I knew we weren't crazy... I think he's named Tim." My friend said to me after we made up our hypothesis. We kept a close watch out for Tim, but the only waiter that ever came to our table was K.C. for the rest of the night. Well, I think it was K.C., since his beard kept changing. Eventually I grew tired of all of the shenanigans and asked the waiter nearest to our table if a waiter named Tim was working that night.
"Uh, yeah, I think so." he responded.
That was enough for me. I triumphantly declared myself still sane and called it a night. Though when I walked into school today my friend greeted me and told me that she decided Tim wasn't real. Dumbfounded, I asked why. I don't even remember her reasoning now, but I swear to God, TIM IS REAL! Please join my support group at: www.timisreal.blogspot.com
Haha, reading this post really made me laugh. :)
ReplyDeleteWe all have our unexplainable moments. :3