The water fountains in the cafeteria at my high school are faulty at best. They either don't work at all, or send out an irregular stream of water all over the floor. After a few months I was able to figure out how to successfully use the fountains to fill up my water bottles, but I would still end up getting water all over the floor. As a matter of fact, anyone who used the cafeteria fountains wound up getting water all over the floor.
For the past three days or so, I've noticed that a "Caution: Wet Floor" sign has been perpetually placed by these water fountains. I can't tell if this is the janitors' way of preparing for the worst, or an act of extreme laziness. I figure that rather than just wiping up the floor, or telling the student who got water everywhere to do it, the janitors have just decided to keep the sign there, and if you end up slipping in the water it's going to be your own dang fault because there was a wet floor sign there. The sign is just like a safety net for them, so they don't have to clean up the spills, and students have been warned to take caution.
But I can't help but feel it's pointless to keep the sign there at all times, because sometimes the floor isn't even wet! I can recall two different occasions where the floor has been completely dry, and the sign remained in its place. It causes me unnecessary anxiety, because I start to wonder, "Is there really water there? Do I just not see it? Am I going to slip and fall and break myself in half?". Clearly, these are extremely troublesome thoughts to foster, and I don't like it one bit. So please, janitors, just pick up the freaking sign.
For the past three days or so, I've noticed that a "Caution: Wet Floor" sign has been perpetually placed by these water fountains. I can't tell if this is the janitors' way of preparing for the worst, or an act of extreme laziness. I figure that rather than just wiping up the floor, or telling the student who got water everywhere to do it, the janitors have just decided to keep the sign there, and if you end up slipping in the water it's going to be your own dang fault because there was a wet floor sign there. The sign is just like a safety net for them, so they don't have to clean up the spills, and students have been warned to take caution.
But I can't help but feel it's pointless to keep the sign there at all times, because sometimes the floor isn't even wet! I can recall two different occasions where the floor has been completely dry, and the sign remained in its place. It causes me unnecessary anxiety, because I start to wonder, "Is there really water there? Do I just not see it? Am I going to slip and fall and break myself in half?". Clearly, these are extremely troublesome thoughts to foster, and I don't like it one bit. So please, janitors, just pick up the freaking sign.
Maybe they are just storing it therefor the next time there is water somewhere in the cafeteria. But you seem vey worried about this so, I won't try to prove you wrong. :)
ReplyDeleteHopefully no one does slip and fall, and I guess like Little Bit said, they may just want easy access to a wet floor sign since it is the cafeteria. :3
ReplyDeleteThough it does make you wonder if it's there because a kid had an accident slipping so I think the best solution is to not put the sign up and just keep it tucked away by a corner for later use.
I'll have to look at lunch today with you, My Brain, because I have not noticed this infamous "Wet Floor" sign...
ReplyDeleteWhat's up komrades?
ReplyDeleteSilas I know it's you.
Delete