12 March 2012

Baby, Won't You Be My Girl?

Today started with some very inauspicious events. It all started because I slept through my alarm, and my mom had to come into my room and wake me up (I am going to blame day-light savings time for this). Things managed to go fine from then on until I was walking into school, and I threw up a little bit in my mouth. Grossed out? Yeah, I was too. I thought, "Well, I guess that's just the sort of day it's going to be," but then another little voice in my head went, "No, not on my watch! Go kick some High School Butt!" I have decided to listen to the second voice, thankfully, so I am going to have a fabulous day.

The other subject I want to elaborate on this morning is Foods class. Now, for any of you readers who have been in high school, you've probably had to take some form of a Home Ec class. At my school they have Human Behavior, Child Development, Fashion, and you guessed it- Foods. I am in Foods 1, which is probably the easiest class I have ever taken in my entire life. The only way the class could be hard is if someone had virtually no kitchen experience whatsoever. And, based on who I've had to cook with, that would be about 1/3 of the class.

I'm not kidding here, people. I had to be in a group with kids who didn't know how to wash dishes. Don't ask how someone can mess that up. It's common sense right? Wrong. I won't go any deeper than that.

Since we change groups of four every two weeks or so, I've had the chance to work with just about everyone in my class. Because I don't have any friends in my Foods class, I mostly just keep to myself. I didn't think that anyone else really paid attention to me, until one day about two or so weeks ago. The following dialogue took place:

Random Boy: Hey, is M's(I won't mention names) girl here?
Random Girl: Points at me.
Random Boy: No, no. Use your eyes.
Random Girl: Whips her head around to look at me. 
Me: Uh...
Random Girl: Don't worry, it's not a bad thing!

To this I responded eloquently with a "WTF", but I gathered no further information except that I am someone's "girl". Since I have never been someone's girl before, I am not sure how to deal with this situation. What weirds me out even more is that the boy who seemingly likes me is one of the bad dish washers. This is so surprising because I actually told him he wasn't washing dishes correctly, and that he needed to refill the sink on the side with the garbage disposal. Apparently he didn't mind this. My friend suggested that perhaps he likes my assertiveness. I am not entirely sure that's it. Every Foods class since then those kids have alluded to the fact that the one bad dishwasher has a little thing for me.

I hope I can update with more information about this. I have Foods first period today, and since it's homeroom right now, I have about fifteen minutes to mentally prepare myself for whatever I'm going to have to face. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.