17 million viewers watching the broadcast
Someone will be seething
(Pause for a beat)
Ladies and Gents
the 69th annual
glittering, preening, surgically reconstructed assemblage
was not expected back
(Pause for a beat)
A nominee
Has a big target on his back
who let him in?
(Pause for a beat)
Messy.
Doesn’t know what he did wrong.
Not quite worthy
(Pause for a beat)
Defending his performance
...or public tirade.
You get the idea.
(Pause for a beat)
No one believes him now
this will be the last time
(Pause for a beat)
For awhile, at least.
“From What Will Ricky do Next at the Globes? by Verne Gay”
This is called a found poem. I read an article (What Will Ricky do Next at the Globes?) and I took words/phrases and arranged them into a poem. I was inspired by the idea of dystopian society while I wrote this.
Edit 9/24/12: ^^^^Did I say I dystopian society, I meant "Hunger Games"....
Edit 9/24/12: ^^^^Did I say I dystopian society, I meant "Hunger Games"....
No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.