02 January 2012

Haiku Monday

Does anyone else ever notice that the parents in the movie Mulan always talk in a very poetic manner? Not the grandma, not Mulan, not Shang, not the random kids who sometimes make appearances. No, it's only the parents. I noticed this while watching Mulan 2  with some friends a couple nights ago as we rang in the New Year. I brought up how I thought the mom and dad always spoke in verse, and we created some haikus about Mulan 2 (Which, as everyone knows, is invariably worse than the original). The only one I can remember is one we wrote about the overall message of Mulan 2.




Listen to your heart
Even if you are a mad
Psycho murderer.

Lovely, no? Throughout the whole movie Mulan kept telling all the other characters to "listen to their hearts". My friend brought up the point that Mulan was basically saying that no matter what, if you listen to your heart, all will turn out well... but what about murderers who "listen to their hearts?". My friend thought that Mulan was basically saying that if your heart is telling you to go crazy and rampage, you should do it, because listening to your heart is the most important.

This post was a little gruesome. But this was the only haiku we wrote I could distinctly remember. I'll try to post soon about what other things I did to ring in the New Year (All I will say now is that it involves Avatar: The Last Airbender, REM, and a whole lot of solitaire). 

Happy 2012! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.