07 January 2012

America's Next Top Model... how could you?!

I was feeling solemn today on my last Friday of Winter break, so I decided to mourn by watching an all-day marathon of America's Next Top Model: Cycle 14.

First of all, if there is one thing in this world that is brain-numbing, it is watching all those models for eight hours straight. None of them seemed to know what they were talking about 80% of the time. They were all so busy being catty and accusing one another of random misdeeds that none of them realized that they were being total hipocrites. There was back-stabbing, double-crossing, and straight out treachery. All of those girls were put into one house together, and they could just not seem to be able to figure out how to get along. I could not believe it.

After sitting on my couch for that long, I knew that I needed to get up and do something else-- anything. But then I remembered that I had to return to school again on Monday, and my will to do something productive disappeared. I kept my butt on my couch and continued watching the trials and tribulations of the models and working on this bracelet.

One by one as they were kicked off, the challenges kept getting more and more eccentric. In one of the challenges the models had to stand in a field with a wild animal. Why were they with a wild animal? Yeah, I don't know either. And Tyra Banks kept giving unclear instructions to the models. I for sure had no idea what she was talking about, and no else seemed to know for half of the time, either.

"Ladies, you need to use your neck to your advantage! Right now you look a little [makes odd gestures], when you need to be listening to what the camera is saying, you need to [makes another unclear gesture]. "


That is basically what Tyra did, in some variation, for each episode. It drove me INSANE. I almost found myself shouting at the television "JUST TELL THEM WHAT THEY'RE DOING WRONG!". Perhaps she was just having an off day. For every episode of that season. It is for this reason that I much prefer to watch Project Runway. Not only do the contestants not make me want to pull out all my hair, I understand the judge's critiques.

Maybe I'm just out of touch. Yeah, that's probably it.



Unrelated Side Note: I have made it my goal to post 100 times in 2012! Wish me luck! What, you think I can't do it? WELL WATCH ME!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.