13 May 2013

Sunburnt, Sunburnt Everywhere

Ah, the joys of living.

Yesterday was a pretty crazy day for me. I got up around 8 am and had to finish my United Nations portfolio for Ecuador. This portfolio is the conglomerate of five weeks of wasted class time. It's about three trees' worth of paper, it's so heavy! Not to mention I had to include a "children's book", and I didn't have any materials but my precious scrap booking paper for that. My partner on the project sent me all of his work, and then I had to print it out and compile it all myself. Therefore I am the only one to be blamed for how ridiculous it looks. I'll post pictures of things once I get the project back (pinky promise!)

After the portfolio was done, my mother and I went to Pier 1 Imports and I got a Panda Coffee Mug. Yes, you read that correctly. PANDA. COFFEE. MUG. I can't wait to post pictures of it's adorable glory.

Then, Daisy the Three Legged Wonder got sick. Well, not sick sick, but the poor thing was not in a good state. Luckily for us (and for her) she didn't puke or have any bowel movements inside the house. Her only front paw was giving her some trouble though. Since she has to place all of her weight on it when she jumps off of the couch, she sprained it. She looked just miserable, and she could barely walk. We had to take her to the vet. This caused quite a predicament, because my family was about to visit my grandma for Mother's Day. At this point it was almost noon, and nobody was making any decisions. I figured that mom and Josh would be the best to take Daisy to the vet because I don't do well at vet offices (I get so emotional). So it was decided that I would drive out to visit with my grandparents while Daisy went to the vet with mom and Josh.

The drive out was rather boring, considering my grandparent's retirement home is out so far west. For those who don't live in the Omaha area, west=suburbs. I think I was on the highway for half an hour. Once I got there I gave my grandma her gift and sat and chatted with her and my grandpa. My grandpa told me that there was a singer in the dining hall, who was singing "his kind of music". My grandfather, who is darn proud of his Italian heritage, loves when anyone sings Sinatra, Nat King Cole, or anyone from that time period. And guess what that man was singing? Yep, you guessed right. So my grandpa made me take him back down so he could listen. I asked him where he wanted to sit, and he said right in front of the performer. My grandpa started dancing to the music in his wheelchair. We stayed down there for about half an hour before I took him back up to his room and said goodbye.After leaving the retirement home I had to run by my aunt's place and give her the mother's day present I got her. We ended up talking for about an hour, and then I ran on home.

This was post was supposed to be about the awful sunburn I got yesterday, but i'll just make a separate post about that because this one is so long already ;3


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty crazy day! Also I like your new layout a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.