30 May 2013

Adios Amigos

There are two reasons I titled this post "Adios Amigos".

Reason One being that it is the name the Ramone's Album that has the best cover art:


Reason Two being that today is my last day of school!!!!!!! AHHH!!! CRAZY!! GOLLY GEE!!! EXCITEMENT!!!!! 

I'm SO GLAD this semester is over. This semester was incredibly rough for me, so it finally drawing to a close is as sweet as sugar. I just have to go take my last three finals today then I am DONE WITH THAT CESSPOOL FOR TWO WHOLE MONTHS! The absolute best thing about this summer is that I get to spend time with some quality friends, and I can spend all day doing whatever the heck I want. Well, within reason, of course. I plan on reading A TON. The next book on my to-read list is "My Ántonia" by Willa Cather. I've had this book forever and I really want to read it! 

Going off on a tangent here, but Willa Cather is pretty much the only women from Nebraska who ever receives credit. While I think home girl definitely deserves it, there's another kick-ass babe from Nebraska named Mari Sandoz who I think more people should appreciate. (whether or not you educate yourself on her is your choice, so here's her wikipedia article)

Getting back on track: I'm practically bursting with excitement right now. I don't have to leave for school for another hour and a half but I can't fall back asleep because my brain keeps going "schoolsoveromgfuckyeahlaterbitches". And so forth. My leg can't stop shaking!

Last year in my post that announced the end of the school year, I made a goal. I figured I might as well do that this year, too. My goal is to write poetry at least once a week this summer. It doesn't have to be good, or anything I'd want to share, but I have to write it down on paper.

That's my goal, what's yours?

PS- My friend Josh has super good taste in fanfiction!! I don't care whether or not you read Homestuck, READ THIS ONE ANYWAY: http://archiveofourown.org/works/387254/chapters/634543
Seriously, it was so good I read all 30 chapters of it yesterday.

:) 

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to catch up on my reading challenge, because I've been neglecting books in the run up to exams...!

    ReplyDelete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.