02 August 2012

It Is High Time I Wrote About That Update

Warning to my non-Homestuck blog readers, fangirling and excessive use of caps lock is on the horizon...

I'm really surprised I've held out this long. JakeDirk has been canon for almost an entire month now and I have yet to blog about it. Part of the reason I think I waited this long to write about it was because I knew if I blogged the day of the update I would have just made a post of me crying and there would have been a lot of "OMGGGGG's" and "SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY" and we simply can't forget about "I CAN'T ANYMORE GUYS SOMEONE PULL THE PLUG". Since I know myself so well, I decided to spare you all from my incoherent ramblings about how two of my favorite Homestuck characters locked lips.

Even if you don't read Homestuck, here is the flash that rocked my world. I'm not saying you should watch it (but you should totally watch it beCAUSE THEY KISS OH LORDIE). I've been sailing this ship really freaking hard for quite some time now, and that day in July just made my life. Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but I was pretty dang pumped. When I had got up in the morning on that fateful day, the thought that my OTP might become canon hadn't even crossed my mind. I ate breakfast, did my chores, surfed the web. All was well.

And then tumblr happened.

I saw tags of update spoilers, so I hopped on the MSPA site immediately.

Ever since my induction onto that site in April, I have learned A LOT  about the Homestuck fandom, and one of those things is that when there is an update, they freak out FOR A  REALLY FREAKING LONG TIME. It was probably a good three or so days before the fandom calmed down. I am actually still seeing gifs and text posts about the update, but they are much more scarce than before.

I just. Oh god. My feelings. Are back. ;iuadg;uiaguiadfguiaeighaer;uig;lughadrgiuadrguiaerghaerugaergae

LIKE CAN YOU BELIEVE IT I CAN'T EITHER I JUST WANTED THEM TO BE HAPPY SO BAD AND I DON"T CARE IF DIRKS HEAD WASN"T CONNECTED TO HIS BODY IT HAPPENED AND I ROLLED AROUND ON THE FLOOR FOR A GOOD FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE CALLING ALL MY FRIENDS AND EMAILING THEM AND FLIPPING OFF THE WALL.

...Wow. I lost control their for a moment. That paragraph up there pretty much describes my emotions every time I think about that update. That is why I took so long to write this. Would you rather have one paragraph of my full blown freak out, or an entire post?

There are so many great things about that update, not to mention that Dirk kissed Roxy as well as Jane. I actually ship all of those (not quite to the extent of DirkJake, of course...I ship Dirk and Jane as just friends??!?!).

I mean, I could delve into all the theories that arose along with this update as well, but I am all plum tuckered from that fangirling, and since most of you don't read Homestuck anyhow, I'll just leave it at this. Besides, I need a reason to justify my laziness, right?

Unrelated side note: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST TODAY :D :D :D :D TO QUOTE JOSH FROM DRAKE AND JOSH:

"I'M STREET LEGAL!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Yes. This post describes my every feeling about that beautiful, beautiful update..! :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I am pleased that you understand, Jos! I was extremely hesitant to post this, mostly because I didn't want you guys to think I was more off my rocker than you may have thought. But then I realized y'all already think I'm crazy anyhow, so what did I have to lose? ;)

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.