31 July 2012

I'm Returning to the Flaming Dungeons of High School

I just realized that tomorrow is August 1st. How did this happen? It seems like just yesterday I was lounging in my room trying to beat the June heat wave and gorging on mac n cheese (Easy Mac was my drug of choice this summer). What I find especially distressing about all of this is the fact that I will have to make a big decision about whether or not to use a back pack again this school year. Last year for a majority of second semester I had to roam the halls back pack-less. In a school where you're allowed to carry back packs, I was making a major fashion faux pas. It wasn't even my decision to get rid of my back pack, it was the doctor's orders! If you'll recall, I actually wrote an entire post about the trials and tribulations of being without a book bag, crappily illustrated and all. 

My back is actually much better than it was when I wrote that post (I'd really rather not go into my actual injury, mostly because the doctors still have no clue what's wrong). Even though I'm in much less pain, I don't know if I want to take the risk of the back pack again. I experience enough self loathing because of my back pain, and the decision to make myself more unlike everyone else by not carrying a back pack again would probably send me into another state of spiraling depression, much like the one I was in before I started this blog (okay, I probably shouldn't call it "spiraling depression", but I was not doing too well for a few months there).

If I do choose to go the route of the book bag, I do have one type of pack in mind. They're called Dakine back packs, and I heard from a girl, who I am no longer friends with, that they are just the best. I probably shouldn't trust her, considering by this point I have cut off most all ties with her, but she could be on to something. I was told that they come with a case for a laptop to slip into, and since I have to accept the school issued laptop, I could stick that in the book bag, and hold everything else! That is the best option I've come up with thus far. It would at least be better than carrying everything around like I used to. It actually made my upper back start hurting, because I was carrying an entire accordion folder plus a laptop. So I pretty much got to choose between lower back pain with a book bag, or upper back pain by lugging around all my school crap. I think that by getting one of these Dakine packs I could create a happy medium?

Now this is where you come in, dear reader. Yes, you! I know that a lot of you who read this never comment, and I suppose I'm okay with that. But I would LOVE AND APPRECIATE any input I can get at this point. So if you're a regular commenter or not, I would be so grateful if you could give me any ideas.

School starts in less than a month, I need to figure this out fast. 

4 comments:

  1. I looked up the backpacks that you mentioned in this post...They are pretty expensive. But I know how much your back was bothering you last year, so I think it would definitely be worth it if you think it will really help. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! :'( They are so terribly expensive, but I feel like I don't have any other options!

      Delete
  2. I think that the back pack is definitely the best option. Although, I did enjoy making fun of the fact that you didn't have a back pack, and that you used folders IN the accordion folder... Nah, the back pack is definitely the best option. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall take your answer into consideration, my dearest! And don't even get me started on the level of organization I achieved by using folders IN the accordion folder.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.