04 August 2012

Living My Life on 8tracks

For those of you who aren't aware, there is a music sharing website called 8tracks that I absolutely adore. I found it a year ago back when I would use StumbleUpon to find new websites. Basically what people do on 8tracks is make unique play-lists with music from their iTunes library. While I must admit that you have to sort through quite a bit of crap, there are some very  good mixes on that website. I've made a few myself, and while I wouldn't say they were particularly bad by any means, it is very hard to become "8tracks famous". There are hoards of people who frequent that site, so my pipe dream of getting a mix that becomes popular is a long way off.

The funny thing is, I forgot about this website after winter break of 2011, and I just started using my account again this summer. I think part of the reason is because I associate 8tracks with a time in my life (the beginning of freshman year), that was very stressful for me, and I knew that this website helped me calm down. I would literally just listen to 8track mixes and surf blog spot all day at school first semester of last school year.  I think I may just have to resort to that again. I've actually found quite a few new blogs these past few weeks, and I've followed them, so hopefully blogging joy will abound.

I just made a mix on 8tracks today because I was bored, so feel free to check it out! I made the mix as a sort of "Final Hurrah" for my freshman year. In other words, I just took all my favorite songs from when I was a freshman and plopped them into one mix. Link is here!

Side note: My profile picture on 8tracks is the Swag Snowman. More than likely that is the best piece of artwork I have ever come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.