15 August 2012

Back To School

Yesterday was my final day of summer vacation. Considering it was such an emotional day for me, I refrained from blogging. I have a very strong connection with summer, and all of the hours I spend indoors plopped in front of the computer are well earned after a long school year. This summer in particular I was more of a shut-in than usual. Since most of my friends were living their exciting lives, and were on vacations in exotic places, I didn't have many people to hang out with. Lizzie, for one, was in Illinois the whole summer, so I didn't get to see her until just last week.

Meeting back up with Lizzie was quite the emotional experience, to say the least. Saying that I embraced her was an understatement. It's funny how even though we sent letters and emailed the whole summer, I didn't realize how much I'd missed her company until she was right there with me. We hung out as much as possible before school started, but before I knew it all of our days were up. We spent yesterday afternoon at the park, and we both almost died of heat stroke because of how hot it was. All in all, though, it was really fun!

Today, on the other hand, was not much fun at all. The only high point in my day was getting back my Mac book (our school issues us laptops each school year that we are allowed to take home with us and use 24/7). I got almost as emotional when I got my laptop back as when I saw Lizzie again. I'm just kidding of course... sort of.

Nah, I'm not actually that obsessed with my Mac. I think if I had to describe my relationship with it, I would say it's only mildly unhealthy. C'mon, I have a strong bond with this laptop, considering it is the very machine which I created Infinitely Pi on, as well as my Tumblr account!! Both of these are two things I hold dearly to me (well, tumblr not as much so). Every time I look at my computer, I'm reminded of many great memories of internet shenanigans. This bad boy helped me survive my freshman year of High School, which is something I never thought I'd ever be able to say.

Tomorrow is picture day, which is a day I have loathed since childhood, despite the fact that I love looking at myself. For some reason I always found it rather agitating trying to look absolutely perfect for the photo. I much prefer impromptu photo ops, since I always look more relaxed in those.

Take this for example:

This is probably one of my favorite picture of Lizzie and I. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm the dork on the right.

For some reason I can never pull off a smile like that during picture day. 

To wrap this up, just know one thing: I am completely unprepared for this school year, but I guess it's happening and it's gonna keep happening for the next nine or so months. Let's see where Infinitely Pi is then, shall we? 

EDIT: I forgot I added more onto this page today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.