11 September 2013

Popping, Locking, and Dropping a Poem in Here...

Today we had free-writing time in my Creative Writing class. I had a really hard time focusing because I was hungry and I forced this out with every fiber of my being. It was like rubbing my head against bricks. The more I read it though, the more I start to like it. No title yet, and if I ever decide to publish it I will probs take it down from here. Enjoy it while you can lol

EDIT: BLOGGER IS A BEING A DICK AND WON'T FORMAT MY POEM CORRECTLY WITH THE PROPER SPACING I SWEAR IT LOOKS BETTER THAN THIS IS MY WORD DOC >:(

-
cut me apart from the rest of my being,
i’m fine. i was tethered to those egos but
now i’m whole and myself and there are a few
rough edges but those are to be expected
and can be trimmed down with some scissors 
if god concentrates hard enough. 

walking out of the woodwork i met you,
with the same sort of body and rips and
shreds and we have some garden shears in 
the garage just in case we make a mistake but
neither of us are fully wrinkled yet, so please hold on. 

when i was pulled from the womb 
i was sharp and reflected the light
off in red waves in different ways and 
i was smooth as bone marrow kept in 
a glass case for recognition by paying patrons. 

the creases came later into my 
soiled silver skin.
friends and love
and the feeling of her hands rough
against mine proved time and time 
again that she was hurting me and leaving
dents and i finally realized that months ago
and i don’t think i went too slow. 
my brain works it’s own pace. 

and then i met you. we share similar bruises
and i want you to know my shreds and my 
busted up legs and the crinkle in my back,
but persuasion isn’t my forte and you’re 
still trying to iron out your latest indentions
and i haven’t tried to help because i know
that’s neither what you want nor need. 
we’re all just little children 
with tin foil hearts and silver minds
and soapy mouths and we get bitten into
and chewed up and spit out like gristle and
i was never okay with that but now i know 
you and if we keep playing rock paper scissors 
in the dark perhaps we can postpone getting
ripped apart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.