02 November 2011

Guess who almost forgot to make a blog post for today....

This chicky right here.

Right as I was about to doze off, I realized that I still had not written a post for today. And, not wanting to break my promise, I knew what I had to do. I trudged out to the living room to get my laptop, and here I am now. It's 10:17 at night, I'm tired, my throat is sore, and all I want is to sleep... Gosh, this is becoming more of a complaining fest than a post, wouldn't you agree?

In other news, it snowed for the first time this year today. When the weather man announced that the chance for heavy snowfall was very likely, I just scoffed, and walked right out the door on my merry way. A couple hours later during school, probably sometime around 11 a.m., the thunder started. Now, you may or may not be aware of this, but thunder storms are not terribly common in November, so I was a little bit off put by the whole thing. My creeped out level only increased because of the way my school is set up, making the thunder echo extremely loudly throughout the open space where I was having my study hall.

See, my school was built in what I believe was intended to be the shape of a spider. There is an extremely wide, open center, with a large landing and two equally large connecting stairwells. Veering off from this main body structure are the legs, and though my school would only be a six-legged spider, I assure you my description is accurate. Just in case you are having issues grasping this concept, I have provided an easy-to-follow diagram:


As you can see, I have added myself in the diagram, as well as a lightning bolt, for dramatic effect. I hope this clears up any of the fogginess there may have been about the central part of the school. My point here is really just that the wide open space, akin to the body of a spider, makes noise echo easily. And what would have only been a moderate thunder storm, when intensified greatly, sounded near apocalyptic. 

Soon after this thunderstorm, the weather did a 360, and started blizzarding outside. I didn't even know it had started snowing until about an hour after it had happened. I was walking to one of my classes, chatting casually with some friends, when we passed by the cafeteria window. What we saw next blew our minds. Humungous snowflakes were falling in masses from the sky, creating a white blanket all across the school parking lot. It was beautiful. And, once again, to clear up any misconceptions you may be having, here is a comparison of snowflakes: 

A normal sized snowflake

The ridiculously large snowflakes falling outside my school. I feel the face is appropriate. 

Once everyone realized that it was snowing, chaos ensued. When everyone was promptly losing it and staring out the windows with child-like amazement, teachers tried unsuccessfully to corral us back into the spider-leg hallways. Their attempts proved to be fruitless, and they eventually gave up as everyone jumped giddly and spoke of their plans to make snowmen after school. Here is a plan I drew up of what I wanted my snowman to look like: 

He's cool, and you better believe he knows it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.