I had a short bout of this attack me about 3 hours ago, as I sat in my room. I don't remember how it came up in my mind, but it did. As I sat on the floor, computer open in front of me, I looked down at my nails. Something in my brain clicked in just the right way at that precise moment and said,
You really should paint your nails, you know. They look disgusting.
After a moment of thought, I agreed with myself, and for lack of anything better to do, I grabbed a nail file and got to work, sanding down my fingernails before searching my room high and low to find some polish. I eventually found some that I liked, and set to work.
If I haven't mentioned before, I have a short attention span when it comes to tedious tasks such as nail painting. I can usually hold out to get one hand done, but then I grow bored. Tonight was no exception. Once I had my left hand painted with red polish, I looked down at my other hand, and heaved a great sigh.
I knew that if I didn't regain interest soon, that I would completely give up on painting my nails, and end up going to school the next day with only one hand done. I'd done it before, and I was preparing myself to do it again.
A general sequence of what happens when I show up to school with one hand polished.
Finally I managed to get the gumption to go and scavenge for more polish to paint my nails with, to keep things interesting. I settled on a sparkly purple polish, which I applied to the tips of my nails, sort of in a manicure-ish way. But in retrospect, as I now look at my nails, they sort of look like those cheap fake nails you can buy at the mall for $3.75.
I have considered removing the polish, but, hey, I don't want to deal with that. Besides, I have swimming class tomorrow anyway, so it'll probably just all come off then. I suppose my mission to look fabulous failed once again...
Also, as an unrelated side-note, I kept my promise of updating once everyday this week >:D Pat on the back to myself! I will try to update often, I promise :D




No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.