21 September 2012

My Weekend Mission

Yesterday in my Honors Lit class, my teacher gave my class a mission for the weekend. He didn't call it a mission, but it sounds cooler that way, yeah?

Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to sit outside on our front lawns for an hour over the weekend with no technology.

Sound easy? I think it will be, considering I have to visit with my grandparents for 2+ hours every week. Whenever I'm there we just sit in the living room and talk, and I know my parents would bury me alive if I used my cell phone, so I don't. Not that I get that many text messages anyhow. Usually anyone who is texting me is okay with waiting an extra hour or so for a response.

I plan on breaking out a lawn chair and sitting in my drive way on saturday evening. I might play Sweet'n'Sour. Sweet'n'Sour, for those who don't know, is a game where you wave at people walking by or passing in cars and if they wave back they're sweet, but if they aren't friendly back, they're sour. When I used to play this with my brother we'd keep track with chalk tally marks on the sidewalk.

I know a few of my blog readers have the same assignment as I do, so I know you'll be participating this weekend. But for any of you who aren't in my literature class, are you going to try this too? I think it'd be interesting to hear your experiences! 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have to do this too! I have a front porch though, so that is where I am probably going to sit. I'll probably also bring my ukulele and/or guitar, but otherwise, it's just going to be nice to be outside relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, that's a great idea! :D I think I'll have to bring my ukulele out now and serenade my neighbors ;) I used to play my recorder outside, but I don't think they liked that very much...

      Delete
  2. Maan... Why do you guys always have the fun things.. :( Our lit homework was to continue reading and be ready for another crap quiz on the reading on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, that stinks! :( Maybe you'll get a more fun teacher next semester! :3

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.