Yesterday I was competing at a baton competition ALL day. I arrived at the arena around 9 am and wasn't out of there until 4 pm. I got 2nd place in all of the individual events I competed in, which is actually pretty good! I mean, getting first place would have rocked, but I'm still satisfied. I'm actually surprised that I managed to do so well, especially considering how my 2-baton routine went. As I'm sure you've gathered, 2-baton routines are just like doing a regular routine, but you're using 2 batons rather than one. This also means that it's easier to drop more and lose focus, which is exactly what happened to me yesterday. The routine itself was okay, but my ending was a total train wreck. To end my 2-baton, I do one "big" trick to leave things off on a good note. At least, that's what it is SUPPOSED to do. I ended up losing control of both batons and they flew in completely opposite directions. Here is a diagram of what happened:
If you can't read all the words, click the picture to enlarge. Also note how there are no batons in my hands.
Here is an accurate visual representation of what took place yesterday. I completely messed up the trick, and one baton ended up next to the judge's table and the other ended up in a completely different lane that someone else was competing in. Because of this reason, I'm really confused as to why I got 2nd place. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain ;)

Congratulations, Hannah! I'm so proud of you! :oD
ReplyDeleteThank you, Josalyn! :)
DeleteHaha, I'm sure you did amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome on the second place! :D