I accidentally took a photo of myself this morning
Or I took it last night. Can't remember.
Anyway I started writing a poem last night because I was feeling like shit and it's about stuff I have never done (except for the 2nd stanza WHOOPS) and I probably will never do but hey I needed to get it out so tell me what you think
-
what if i got drunk then
woke up in the morning wearing nothing but
last night's make up and a cape made
by the arms of someone I call a friend
wrapped around my shoulders. then got out
of bed and smoked the last cigarrette from
the package with the golden trim,
my legs dangling off the bed and my back bent
like in a scene from a black and white movie.
i've never starved myself for looks,
if only just to feel a little bit more alive than usual.
but in my new reality I still have a
hole inside of me that I fill with fresh
hunger pangs and kiss their lips until
the hole goes away and is replaced
by something that tastes like peaches
with the skin left on. Soft and palatable
and making my taste buds wild until
juice dribbles down from my lips in lines
like the salt water that falls from my eyes
because i know that i will never have this life,
as ugly as it seems but some days i get tired
of trying to act perfect and pretending
like the shallow life i lead actually means something.
i want to let everyone down
and smash their high expectations.
allowing myself to finally feel something new
that wasn’t planned out since the day
i was brought into this world.
i came in crying with lungs like
tissue paper and i will go out likewise and
when i’m gone it will be my own fault
with no one to blame but me and the hole in my stomach.
-
...So that's that. Uhh I'm not anorexic I really hope this didn't lead you to believe that. I have symptoms of it according to my doctor but honestly I just don't feel like I really am. They probably would have taken more serious action by now if I was.
Anyway, hope y'all have a nice evening.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis poem is beautiful. Have you ever thought about publishing?
ReplyDeleteI'm exactly the opposite. When I'm depressed I eat too much. I wish I didn't. It's like something you can't control!
You have your whole life to do those things. If you want to, why not? :)