11 June 2013

I Have Become a Better Version of Myself

I had an epiphany last night.

I was online, feeling fed up with rude people, and I finally realized something: I should be the only person in charge of my happiness. I now see that letting other people have control over my mood is not good for me. It just makes me sad and anxious. Last night, I felt renewed. Invigorated, even. I can't help but feel like I have become "the master of my own destiny". I can't let other peoples' assumptions about me bring me down. They can all have their hateful little parties and I can either feel bad about myself or I can go BE THE BADASS BITCH I KNOW I AM. I am choosing to go with the latter of those two options.

Today was amazing. I focused on me. I laughed harder today than I have in a really long time. I ate ice cream, baton twirled in the twilight, watched anime in my underwear and saw an amazing '80s movie. The world is a beautiful and exciting place and for once I am damn well pleased to be a part of creation. Summer baton practices start tomorrow and I am so thrilled to be seeing some of my best friends again. I have been twirling with some of these girls since I was in elementary school. We've been through thick and thin, and most importantly, we all know how to have a fun time at practice.

Life isn't that long, when it comes down to it. Why should I let myself be dragged down by people who hate me? I am whole, I love myself, and most importantly, I am finally not lying when I say these things.

This is gonna be a good year.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your epiphany! I hope that my year is as good as yours!!

    ReplyDelete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.