Recap of today.
Life was especially crazy today. I had a Spanish quiz (aced it), a math test (probably bombed it but it's anyone's guess at this point), and the last three periods of the day I had open.
First on the agenda is my Spanish quiz. Right now we're reading this story called Una Carta a Dios (A Letter to God). It's about a poor farming family whose harvest gets destroyed by hail, and the father (named Lencho), feels that his only hope is god, and decides to write the big man upstairs a lil' letter. Overall the story's been pretty good, but the phrase "la Ășnica esperanza: la ayuda de Dios" has been waaaayyy overused. We just read part three of the story, so the quiz was over the vocab and major events that happened. Very easy peasy lemon squeezy sort of stuff. Then came the difficulties. Along with learning the new vocab this chapter, we also learned about Appositions. In short, an apposition is a phrase that starts out with a noun, then a comma, then some words describing the noun, another comma, and finally some other info relating to the original noun. If we wanted two extra credit points on our quiz, we had to write two appositional phrases. I wrote: Mary, quien es ni mi madre ni mi amiga, es muy aburrida. I was quite pleased with myself, and was gearing up to write another, when I found out that the appositions had to be about characters from the story. Since Mary is someone I made up, I had to cross out my whole sentence, and the fact that I wrote in bright pink pen didn't help.
Second on the agenda is my math test. Since I'm sure most of you reading this know of my math-related woes, it shouldn't come as a surprise that this math test was difficult for me. Last year I was in an honors level math class, and since that was a complete train wreck, I chose to stick with the "regular" level math this year. My advanced algebra class has so far been much easier than geometry, but this unit we just finished up was a little bit difficult. If someone even asked me to describe what the unit was about, I don't think I'd be able to adequately explain it. It's something to do with graphing linear inequalities. Anyhow, the test was mildly disastrous, and I didn't finish in the required time. Luckily for me, my math teacher this year seems to actually have a soul (much unlike my one from last year), and she let me come in the following period and finish up the test. Thank god I was open the period following math class, otherwise I would have had to turn in an unfinished test, which is something that I have far too much experience with. I guess we'll have to see how this one plays out.
The third and final thing on my agenda is how I was open the last three periods of the day. Sure, in theory having 120 minutes of free time on a friday afternoon should be paradise. And most weeks, it is. But after I finished taking my test, I went down to the library and sat with some acquaintances. All was well, so I started doing some homework, and I plugged my headphones in to listen to music. See, I have this rather unsavory habit where I chew on my head phone cords. And up until today, I never thought twice about it. Unfortunately, for some reason today, I decided that chewing on head phone cords is fatal and that if I keep doing it I'm surely going to die. This spurred anxiety that lasted well throughout my afternoon and into the evening. It's funny how one little thing sets me off, then everything else just keeps piling on top of things.
But enough about me, how was your day?
Life was especially crazy today. I had a Spanish quiz (aced it), a math test (probably bombed it but it's anyone's guess at this point), and the last three periods of the day I had open.
First on the agenda is my Spanish quiz. Right now we're reading this story called Una Carta a Dios (A Letter to God). It's about a poor farming family whose harvest gets destroyed by hail, and the father (named Lencho), feels that his only hope is god, and decides to write the big man upstairs a lil' letter. Overall the story's been pretty good, but the phrase "la Ășnica esperanza: la ayuda de Dios" has been waaaayyy overused. We just read part three of the story, so the quiz was over the vocab and major events that happened. Very easy peasy lemon squeezy sort of stuff. Then came the difficulties. Along with learning the new vocab this chapter, we also learned about Appositions. In short, an apposition is a phrase that starts out with a noun, then a comma, then some words describing the noun, another comma, and finally some other info relating to the original noun. If we wanted two extra credit points on our quiz, we had to write two appositional phrases. I wrote: Mary, quien es ni mi madre ni mi amiga, es muy aburrida. I was quite pleased with myself, and was gearing up to write another, when I found out that the appositions had to be about characters from the story. Since Mary is someone I made up, I had to cross out my whole sentence, and the fact that I wrote in bright pink pen didn't help.
Second on the agenda is my math test. Since I'm sure most of you reading this know of my math-related woes, it shouldn't come as a surprise that this math test was difficult for me. Last year I was in an honors level math class, and since that was a complete train wreck, I chose to stick with the "regular" level math this year. My advanced algebra class has so far been much easier than geometry, but this unit we just finished up was a little bit difficult. If someone even asked me to describe what the unit was about, I don't think I'd be able to adequately explain it. It's something to do with graphing linear inequalities. Anyhow, the test was mildly disastrous, and I didn't finish in the required time. Luckily for me, my math teacher this year seems to actually have a soul (much unlike my one from last year), and she let me come in the following period and finish up the test. Thank god I was open the period following math class, otherwise I would have had to turn in an unfinished test, which is something that I have far too much experience with. I guess we'll have to see how this one plays out.
The third and final thing on my agenda is how I was open the last three periods of the day. Sure, in theory having 120 minutes of free time on a friday afternoon should be paradise. And most weeks, it is. But after I finished taking my test, I went down to the library and sat with some acquaintances. All was well, so I started doing some homework, and I plugged my headphones in to listen to music. See, I have this rather unsavory habit where I chew on my head phone cords. And up until today, I never thought twice about it. Unfortunately, for some reason today, I decided that chewing on head phone cords is fatal and that if I keep doing it I'm surely going to die. This spurred anxiety that lasted well throughout my afternoon and into the evening. It's funny how one little thing sets me off, then everything else just keeps piling on top of things.
But enough about me, how was your day?
HoNk!
ReplyDeleteSorry about that. I was trying to prove that it wouldn't let me post, but it actually worked... This was great! My favorite thing is definitely the "peyton i know you loved mr. stevens but i still have quite the grudge held against that man" tag.
DeleteHoNk! :o)
JOSALYN YOU'RE BACK IN ACTION <3<3<3 SO GLAD TO SEE YOU CAN COMMENT AGAIN :)
Deleteand i'm glad you liked the tag ;)
I really liked this post :D As for your habit of chewing on your head phone chords, I do the EXACT same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have enough sense to stop, so my head phones are riddled with bite marks.
ReplyDeleteOh man, glad to hear someone else does the headphone chewing thing as well :P
Delete