As I sit here eating my strawberry applesauce, listening to the gentle patter of the rain outside my window, I can't help but feel the urge to tell the woeful tale of my mini backpack. Many of you are aware of my back problems, and how I did not even use a backpack for the entire second semester last school year. This year, I took a more practical, albeit more painful route, and used a backpack. But this is not your everyday, run of the mill book bag. This is a MINI backpack. We're talking half the size of a regular pack, with one zip pocket on the front for storing valuables. It was like a dream come true. I found it while digging through my closet over the summer, and I knew it would be perfect. It's a shame, really, that it ended up breaking last week. I guess I don't know what I was expecting, considering the fact that it cost me under ten dollars when I bought it two summers ago. If anything, I should be pleased it held out this long.
Unfortunately, last Tuesday disaster struck me and my mini backpack. I was in the cafeteria, getting ready to sit down, and as I slid off my mini backpack, I heard a weird popping noise. I set my bag down, and upon closer examination I realized that one of the straps had completely torn off! I swear, I was about ready to flip the heck out, but thankfully I didn't. Well, at least not at that exact moment. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown later that day, but that was because of a myriad of reasons.
At that point, I was faced with quite the predicament. What was I to do? Do I try and sew the mini back pack back together? Or do I change my loyalties and buy a full size back pack? To answer these questions, I will say this: I am a filthy traitor. On Saturday I went to Target, found the comfiest looking back pack I could find, and purchased it. I was sad to have to had done this at all, but I knew that I would never again find a plain mini backpack. All the mini's they sell now adays are simply children's book bags, and I'm not too keen on having Elmo or Justin Bieber on my backpack.
I was actually considering not making this a Legacy post, but I figured it can't be anything else. No matter how often I complained about my mini back pack, no matter how many times people dishonored it by putting it on the floor and stealing my chair in the cafeteria, deep down I appreciated my mini back pack. May she rest in peace (pieces?)
Unrelated Site Note: I noticed that I've gained a few new blog followers recently. Thanks for joining aboard, I hope you have fun here! :D
Unfortunately, last Tuesday disaster struck me and my mini backpack. I was in the cafeteria, getting ready to sit down, and as I slid off my mini backpack, I heard a weird popping noise. I set my bag down, and upon closer examination I realized that one of the straps had completely torn off! I swear, I was about ready to flip the heck out, but thankfully I didn't. Well, at least not at that exact moment. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown later that day, but that was because of a myriad of reasons.
At that point, I was faced with quite the predicament. What was I to do? Do I try and sew the mini back pack back together? Or do I change my loyalties and buy a full size back pack? To answer these questions, I will say this: I am a filthy traitor. On Saturday I went to Target, found the comfiest looking back pack I could find, and purchased it. I was sad to have to had done this at all, but I knew that I would never again find a plain mini backpack. All the mini's they sell now adays are simply children's book bags, and I'm not too keen on having Elmo or Justin Bieber on my backpack.
I was actually considering not making this a Legacy post, but I figured it can't be anything else. No matter how often I complained about my mini back pack, no matter how many times people dishonored it by putting it on the floor and stealing my chair in the cafeteria, deep down I appreciated my mini back pack. May she rest in peace (pieces?)
Unrelated Site Note: I noticed that I've gained a few new blog followers recently. Thanks for joining aboard, I hope you have fun here! :D
I am so sorry for your loss, Hannah. Mini was a good backpack, and we will always remember her as such. I hope that someday, your new backpack lives up to her legacy. Mini would have liked that. :o)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your condolences, Jos. I am thinking that my new back pack will suffice, but it's still unusual :/
Delete