Man, it sure has been awhile. I suppose I don't have too much of an excuse for never posting, besides I didn't feel like it. I know, I know, you were all probably biting your nails in worry about why I never posted a second post, but I assure you, all is well in the world.
Now, to my topic. Today my friend and I were discussing book characters, and what we think they look like. And this led us to debate about what we think characters in our own freaky stories we write look like. So, since we have nothing better to do, we challenged one another to draw what we think our book characters look like.
I was amped about this. I was determined to knock her socks off with extremely realistic looking sketches that would make her and all of creation stare in awe and maybe even say,
"Man, that looks half decent."
So I sat down on my couch tonight, sharpened pencil and sketch pad in hand. I started drawing my heart out, delving deep within myself to sketch down all of the little details of the people I was drawing. I was feeling pretty dang good about myself when I get a text from my friend.
As it would turn out, she is also a very determined person, especially when it comes to destroying the hopes and dreams of a close friend, and totally crushed me with her picture.
It Was Amazing.
She had not only taken the time to find a large sheet of paper, she drew dramatic head shots of the book characters. This made me stare down at my drawings and cringe at their simplicity. All I'd managed to do was draw book characters looking quite sassy.
I was almost too ashamed to even send her my photos. Almost. I took pictures on my low quality phone camera, and sent them off! I now anxiously await the critique. I know, I know, you're all probably thinking "Gee, I bet your art isn't that bad!". I assure you, it isn't. But not when it is compared to glamour shots. Nothing can withstand their power.
Currently I sit quaking with fear because of their splendor. Wish me luck, I'm going back to the drawing pad (yeah right, I'm going to bed).
Good Night, Fellow Bloggers!
who was the friend that's art skills made you embarrassed? :D I'm sorry hannah banana....But I LOVE uR ARTWORK!!!
ReplyDelete