01 March 2015

king lear #spoilers

I finished reading King Lear this morning and... wow. What a great ending. The language in that play was complicated as heeeell but act v just REALLY did it for me. Edgar's last lines were solo perfect. He just tied up the moral and overall theme of the play so well. I was reading it and like gasped. I was sitting on the couch with my mom and explained the whole plot to her just so I could read her the final quote in the play. So many characters died, but I'm not surprised at all considering it's Shakespeare. On average characters died per page for like the last 3 pages of the play lol.

Next I want to read Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. I've heard that his histories are nowhere near as good as his tragedies and comedies, but I feel like I have to read this one. Plus I like Shakespeare anyway so I really can't go wrong. I'm also reading The Twelve Caesars by Suetonius and it's really interesting. My dad gave me the book and described it as, "the gossip and drama of ancient Rome". I'm reading the english translation, of course, and all I can think the whole time I read it is, "THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH INDIRECT STATEMENT IN LATIN DO I REALLY WANNA TRY TO FIND A LATIN VERSION OF THE TEXT ONLINE?!?!" Just so we're clear, my answer is YES. Hm maybe I'll do that now o: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.