28 February 2015

xo

the last day of february already?? i'm trapped beneath so much school work time means nothing to me unless it's in the form of a due date. i worked 545 am - 2 pm today so that was interesting. I took a nice nap this afternoon and now im in bed somewhat successfully doing homework. All my AP spanish homework is done! so that's good!

i participated in certamen on thursday. it's quiz bowl but for huge latin nerd weenies like myself.
here's a super cute pic of my friend kelly and i after we failed at certamen. the catholic homeschool kids beat our team hardcore:

we are just so cute!!

AP latin has been so awkward for me this year because I moved up into a level with ten other kids and they all have been in class together for four years so I definitely have felt like an outsider. but kelly has been such a great friend and we've grown so much closer and i'm so blessed to have a friend who is just as stubborn as i am. 

But anyway.

In AP lit we're reading "King Lear" right now which is fairly good. The plot itself is very thick but I like that. I have to read and reread so much before I can fully appreciate it. I have one act left to read, but so far I still prefer Hamlet (which I read last semester). 

Favorite Latin Quotes right now:

"De re amissa irreparabili ne doleas." You should not grieve over something that is irreplaceably lost.

"Non progredi est regredi." Not to progress is to go backward.

"Lacrimae pondera vocis habent." Tears have the weight of a voice.

THE REAL KICKER:
"PERFER ET OBDURA, DOLOR HIC TIBI PRODERIT OLIM." BE PATIENT AND TOUGH; SOMEDAY THIS PAIN WILL BE USEFUL TO YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.