Is there no better time for introspection? I've been busier than a bee with all of my AP classes and work and life in general, but I certainly am keeping my head above water. In AP Latin we're halfway through translating Caesar's De Bello Gallico. We've translated books I, IV, and now we're on V. I think we're translating all the way through book VI. It is frustrating at times, but oh! how I do love it.
I wrote an essay for AP Lit all about Hamlet. I examined how elements of humor throughout the text impact the tragic elements of the play. Tonight is wednesday and I don't have school again until this coming Tuesday. My bones are restless. Of course I have homework to do over my break, but I am not thinking so much about that right now. Over the past month I had a little bit of a romantic fling with a friend of mine, and it was very fun. Rather fulfilling for the most part. But I ended it on the weekend. I was too frustrated because our schedules clash and it was too much effort for something that was just messing around.
Now I'm sat at home, wishing someone were here with me. Decisions. I want to hang out with someone tomorrow before I have to go to work, but we'll see what happens. I may just spend the day working on Chemistry assignments and translating Latin. Perhaps I will just try to finish translating the rest of book V (I'm halfway through translating 5.33, I'm not sure how many are left after this one). I just checked, looks like my text goes through 5.48. We'll see how much I can stand to translate tomorrow. I'm not sure why, but translating isn't a chore for me. I look forward to doing my Latin homework. After we finish up with Caesar, we're going to move onto some of Virgil's poetry. I'm excited to translate poetry, it will be a nice break from all of this war-talk and history (I feel as though I must use the term "history" loosely, haha).
Here's an album I listen to a lot while translating (it keeps me focused): xoxo
Life has not stopped changing drastically for me ever since sophomore year. I must say that I love it. There are surely days where I become frustrated, and I go through periods where my depression gets back to a concerning level, but I am a much more level-headed and strong person than I was before. Spending time alone has taught me how to reflect properly and how to comprehend the things that happen in my life.
Such as tonight, I am feeling very introspective. I've been listening to a lot of music. I had baton practice, and it was very hot in the gym but I've really been enjoying the routines we're working on for this year. They're very fast and upbeat. A nice change of pace.
Here is a poem I wrote a while ago, I'm still not sure how I feel about it:
Here are some Latin quotes I've gotten recently and they are worth sharing:
Ebrietas mores aufert tibi, res et honores
"Drunkness takes away your character, your things, and your reputation" (Medieval).
Ex ore tuo te iudico
"I judge you from your own mouth" (--)
Such great quotations, maybe once I've gotten some other good ones I'll post those as well. Hope whoever reads this has a nice day. I doubt that anyone besides myself still reads my blog. I have cut out all the people from my life who used to read it. Honestly I prefer it this way.
Vivamus- "Let Us Live".
I wrote an essay for AP Lit all about Hamlet. I examined how elements of humor throughout the text impact the tragic elements of the play. Tonight is wednesday and I don't have school again until this coming Tuesday. My bones are restless. Of course I have homework to do over my break, but I am not thinking so much about that right now. Over the past month I had a little bit of a romantic fling with a friend of mine, and it was very fun. Rather fulfilling for the most part. But I ended it on the weekend. I was too frustrated because our schedules clash and it was too much effort for something that was just messing around.
Now I'm sat at home, wishing someone were here with me. Decisions. I want to hang out with someone tomorrow before I have to go to work, but we'll see what happens. I may just spend the day working on Chemistry assignments and translating Latin. Perhaps I will just try to finish translating the rest of book V (I'm halfway through translating 5.33, I'm not sure how many are left after this one). I just checked, looks like my text goes through 5.48. We'll see how much I can stand to translate tomorrow. I'm not sure why, but translating isn't a chore for me. I look forward to doing my Latin homework. After we finish up with Caesar, we're going to move onto some of Virgil's poetry. I'm excited to translate poetry, it will be a nice break from all of this war-talk and history (I feel as though I must use the term "history" loosely, haha).
Here's an album I listen to a lot while translating (it keeps me focused): xoxo
Life has not stopped changing drastically for me ever since sophomore year. I must say that I love it. There are surely days where I become frustrated, and I go through periods where my depression gets back to a concerning level, but I am a much more level-headed and strong person than I was before. Spending time alone has taught me how to reflect properly and how to comprehend the things that happen in my life.
Such as tonight, I am feeling very introspective. I've been listening to a lot of music. I had baton practice, and it was very hot in the gym but I've really been enjoying the routines we're working on for this year. They're very fast and upbeat. A nice change of pace.
Here is a poem I wrote a while ago, I'm still not sure how I feel about it:
I may revisit it someday soon. I need to edit a lot of the pieces I've been working on lately. My brain has been too preoccupied for that though as of late.08/25/14Oh, hold me close but don’t choke meFlower petal imprints can still be seenLight pink in rings around my neck;I’m alive and my eyes are swollen yetMy heart is beautiful like the sea is clean:Daises don’t grow in the bottom of the ocean.Sanitize the burns with salt water,Nothing may grow but it will be clean,Choking throat and clogging lungsThe salt water stings the lamentationsI’ve streaked out on my body,I forgot that salting the soil stops all growth,My veins reek of Carthage.Write me a melancholy filledSolely with flower petal footprintsIn murky river water, not on my skin,I know that it burns less.The tall grass and bright summer-Time blooms are rushed away byFresh running water. Write me flowerPicking in early June. I need it back.I want to revisit memories with a differentVersion of myself: no petal-likelesions across my body.
Here are some Latin quotes I've gotten recently and they are worth sharing:
Ebrietas mores aufert tibi, res et honores
"Drunkness takes away your character, your things, and your reputation" (Medieval).
Ex ore tuo te iudico
"I judge you from your own mouth" (--)
Such great quotations, maybe once I've gotten some other good ones I'll post those as well. Hope whoever reads this has a nice day. I doubt that anyone besides myself still reads my blog. I have cut out all the people from my life who used to read it. Honestly I prefer it this way.
Vivamus- "Let Us Live".
No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.