I'm taking a college class this summer in Latin and it's two semesters of Latin in 5 weeks. We're on week four pray for me.
Tomorrow is July which is insane!!! Mexico is out of the running for the title in the FIFA world cup so I don't really care about that anymore. That's a lie. I'm so watching the rest of the matches.
Fav quote so far that I've translated in Latin Class:
I had to remember this off the top of my head so if it's not 100% correct oh well. I believe it was Catullus who said this.
The other things I really like are some passages by Horace and Cicero about friendship. If I get the time maybe I'll post my translations for you all :) They are very sweet. An interesting quip my professor says often: Technology changes; people don't. So reading Roman works on morality, friendship, love, etc. are all still relevant. I love it!
I also have been working on some writing projects that I may post as well in the future. But for now-
Valete!
PS: best album in my life right now
Tomorrow is July which is insane!!! Mexico is out of the running for the title in the FIFA world cup so I don't really care about that anymore. That's a lie. I'm so watching the rest of the matches.
Fav quote so far that I've translated in Latin Class:
Mea puella magis quam meos oculos amo.I love my girlfriend more than my eyes.
I had to remember this off the top of my head so if it's not 100% correct oh well. I believe it was Catullus who said this.
The other things I really like are some passages by Horace and Cicero about friendship. If I get the time maybe I'll post my translations for you all :) They are very sweet. An interesting quip my professor says often: Technology changes; people don't. So reading Roman works on morality, friendship, love, etc. are all still relevant. I love it!
I also have been working on some writing projects that I may post as well in the future. But for now-
Valete!
PS: best album in my life right now
No comments:
Post a Comment
"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."
Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.
please comment.