I wrote this poem a while back and I'm wanting to make a youtube video with it. What do you think?
Sleep
It’s funny, I don’t actually mind this feeling.
It sort of feels like it’s just me all alone in the world,
Even though I know I’m going to hate myself tomorrow morning when I’m exhausted, right now I feel okay about myself. Maybe I’m just going crazy. I don’t know how to tell.
For some reason at times like these I always feel like I can take on the world. I get the feeling that I can survive companionless against the world, which I know is not true.
I need other people around me to survive.
I’m constantly checking in with others, trying to find verification that I’m not dying. Even though I already feel dead, but that’s beside the point.
If it weren’t for my therapist and friends I probably would have killed myself long ago.
That actually scares me.
It’s a miracle-
i’m so out of control that I could have spiraled
down, down, down.
I’m so depressed now I’m unsure if I’m even going to be able to get myself out of this.
I’m constantly sad, scared, tired, and confused.
Yawns punctuate everything I say,
I want to be happy, but it’s like I can’t remember how.
It’s been so long since I was truly glad.
I want to be alone for about a week, and be allowed to sleep
But sleep is elusive- it seems no matter how I chase it I can only grab onto wisps at a time, leaving me more exhausted when I wake up.
Even right now as I write I can’t help but wonder if I’m losing my mind.
I’m writing as though I were writing a term paper,
and perhaps my disconnection from what I’m writing right now is unhealthy.
As I read back over what I’ve written,
it doesn’t feel like a diary should.
It seems more like a poorly written novel. Is that how I think of myself?
I don’t know.
I just want to sleep.
There you have it! I really want to make a video with this somehow, but I'm still struggling to find a concept that works (I've tried so many different things). Do you have any suggestions? And friendly reminder that you can subscribe to my youtube here!
Ooh I really like this poem. I think a video would be really cool! What ideas have you tried so far?
ReplyDelete