20 July 2012

I'M BACK AND MORE FABULOUS THAN EVER

I suppose it is high time I explain my extended absence of posting. It's not that I wanted to let good 'ol Infinitely Pi grow dusty, but I didn't have much of a choice. What is even more distressing for me is the fact that the post that was front and center on my blog during my absence was about my journaling blunders of long ago. I'm quite positive that is going to be a post I will not be able to live down for a long time.

Now, the actual reason I was gone for so long was because, drum roll please, I was at a baton competition. I believe I've alluded to the fact that I twirl batons in my free time, but I've never actually written a whole post about it. Basically from Sunday through Thursday of this past week I was three states away from my home at the biggest competition of the year: Nationals. There were probably well over a thousand other guys and gals who were all participating, and I met a lot of amazing and extremely talented individuals. Not only that, but I also learned a lot about myself on this trip, such as the fact that I can eat a jumbo pretzel in under two minutes. A few other things I learned on my journey of self discovery include:


  • I can only play the card game "Trash" so many times before I start to lose it.
  • That sitting in a gym all day allows you to see people's dark sides.
  • Drinking three bottles of water in a two hour time span is a terrible idea.
  • "Hannah, you can't possibly eat that entire thing of fries."
           "Just you try and stop me".

These, really, are just the highlights of my week spent away from home. There is so much more I could talk about, but I'd really rather not bore you all with a long and drawn out explanation of the ins and outs of my whole week. I will say, though, that the worst part of the entire trip was the car ride. It was ten hours there, and another ten hours on the return trip. My father refused to travel by air plane, so we got to spend twenty some hours in our Ford Escape together. And for anyone who has ever had to travel a long distance with another family member, they'll know it can be a little bit maddening. About four hours in on the way home, I tried to get my dad to play a game with me. The rules went that we played the song "Revolution Nine" by The Beatles and time ourselves to see how long we could last before changing the song. Most unfortunately, as with most other games of my own creation, my father was unwilling to participate. In retrospect, it was probably a good idea we didn't follow through with it. 

All I can say is that I am extremely glad that I am home now. I missed my family, my dog, my friends, and of course I missed blogging ;) 

Edit: I realized I might not be posting again for a week or two, so I thought I would post something to help tide you all over for the next drought. Here's some songs I listened to constantly during my trip. I hope y'all enjoy them as much as I do.

Modest Mouse: The World At Large


Weezer: Keep Fishin'


Alex Day: Forever Yours


The Kooks: Junk of the Heart


5 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece of writing Hannah! You're talent with the english language in unparalleled. I love you! See you soon, moirail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, Lizzie, you are giving me way too much credit here!! ;) This is such a silly post! I love you too babycakes. Can't wait to see you in 14-ish days! :D

      Delete
    2. 2 weeks...I am just feeling BORN FREE at this moment in time. See you soon beh beh <3

      Delete
  2. Yes.

    "Hannah, you can't possibly eat that entire thing of fries."

    "Just you try and stop me."

    That is really awesome, Hannah. I must admit, I can almost see myself saying this. In fact I might have. Although, I'm pretty sure it wasn't fries. It might have been pie. Or sugar packets. Or both. None of those options seem very healthy, but neither do fries. So take that, Hannah! What did I just prove? Nothing. Am I proud of the fact that I proved nothing, and possibly confused you at the same time? Pfft, yeah! How could I not? I'm sorry, Hannah. I'm done now. :oD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josalyn comments like these are why I am glad you read and comment on my blog.

      Delete

"Toned, tan, fit and ready. Turn it up 'cause it's gettin' heavy."

Words of wisdom from Snoop Dogg.

please comment.